4th of july weekend

I finally decided to make my first post. It is a bit late according to the title but there is a reason for that which I will get to in a second. First I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, mine was ok until I went and fell off the roof dislocating my elbow. How this happened is a bit of holiday stupidity mixed with good intentions. I was up and down the roof all weekend with out a problem trying to fix the wife's local channel DTV dish for her local channels since DTV doesn't offer them on the GIGANTIC HD dish in my area yet. I trouble shot the problem for a while and I found out that it was faulty cabling. As a former installer I knew it was an inexperienced person who set up the dish and was pretty pissed off. I decided that I would have to buy some new connectors and started to come down off the roof when my 2 yr old decided to make his escape from the house with my wife close on his heels unfortunately they were under me on my way down and I almost fell on them. To keep from landing on my wife and hurting her I basically hooked my legs under the edge of the roof to try to stop myself but it was too late, I managed to avoid my wife and 2yr old but landed on my back and palms dislocating my left elbow. It is finally to a point where I can actually type for a while without any pain but I still don't have full mobility yet in my arm and its bruised all to heck. If anyone can tell me how long it may take for this to fully heal please let me know because its starting to get a bit depressing. I am a Marine for crying out loud I am supposed to be invincible. Other than the injury I am doing fairly well and I hope everyone is doing the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Months With the Series X ( a mini review)

There is no room for Fanboyism in a true gamers life!

New Atari, same old issues....